m8: Horst Hoheisel, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar: 'Art as a detour of life'

montagslecture/mondaylecture:
Vortrags- und Gesprächsreihe (in engl. Sprache) des MFA-Program der Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Fak. Gestaltung, Prof. Liz Bachhuber (Kontakt Kerstin Stakemeier, Künstlerische Mitarbeiterin MFA Public Art and New Artistic Strategies, Fakultät Gestaltung)
Veranstaltung in Zusammenarbeit mit dem ACC Weimar (Kontakt Barbara Rauch)
Dr. Horst Hoheisel, Künstler, Gastprofessor an der Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Fak. Gestaltung, Bereich Freie Kunst

My walk from the south American rainforest to art - and memory and history - and public spaces, to the Bauhaus University and back to South America. The lecture will show my way from a forestry scientist to an artist, who started with abstract sculptures and turned to art and memory on public spaces (projects and exhibitions in Germany, Austria, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Venezuela, Lithuania, USA (MoMA, Jewish Museum, NY). I will discuss the revival of monumental memorials in our time and show some counter monuments (Holocaust Memorial, Berlin). At the end I will talk also about my new experiences as a guest professor of the Bauhaus-University. (some remarks to the MFA-studies). (Horst Hoheisel)

Montag, 20.06.2005, 20:00 Uhr, ACC
Eintritt: frei!