m73: I walk into town

Monday Night Lectures:

Eine Zusammenarbeit des MFA-Programms (Master of Fine Arts) der Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Fakultät Gestaltung, Prof. Liz Bachhuber, mit dem ACC.

Vortrag in englischer Sprache.

(Kontakt: Andrea Theis, Künstlerische Mitarbeiterin MFA Public Art and New Artistic Strategies, Fakultät Gestaltung)

Kayle Brandon, Bristol, UK
Vortrags- und Gesprächsreihe zur Kunst im öffentlichen Raum und neue künstlerische Strategien (in engl. Sprache).

t200873 picture

"It's free to walk into town. In the street I watched a bird of prey swoop down on a pigeon, take it and eat it. A leopard walked into a city in India and scratched someone at an ATM machine. There are 10,000 foxes living in London. Buddleia can destroy concrete and mice live in the Underground. These are some events and stories of non-humans living in the city. 'We' as in the biologically living, get born, get lost, migrate and arrive in urban territories. I will present Food For Free, which maps edible plants in the public realm, Botanical Guide to Borderxing, a pocket sized guide on wild plants and border-crossing techniques, Walking Fire and Tour De Fence. These works investigate urban ecologies and biosocial, interspecies relations."

Montag, 09.06.2008, 20:00 Uhr, ACC Galerie Weimar
Eintritt: frei!