m65: Artist-Earth-Sky: On body art and site art

Monday Night Lectures:

Eine Zusammenarbeit des MFA-Programms (Master of Fine Arts) der Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Fakultät Gestaltung, Prof. Liz Bachhuber, mit dem ACC.

Vortrag in englischer Sprache.

(Kontakt: Andrea Theis, Künstlerische Mitarbeiterin MFA Public Art and New Artistic Strategies, Fakultät Gestaltung)

Tracey Warr | Devon, England
Vortrags- und Gesprächsreihe zur Kunst im öffentlichen Raum und neue künstlerische Strategien (in engl. Sprache).

Tracey Warr: fieldwork
Tracey Warr: fieldwork

This lecture is a journey through my practice as a curator and writer focussing on body art and site art. I will arrive at two key notions: the body as a mobile laboratory and what is untransactable about being human. I will discuss artists' work addressing the dynamic and co-creative interaction between the embodied consciousness and the environment it is immersed in. Drawing on the work of artists including James Turrell, London Fieldworks, Matthew Buckingham, Marcus Coates, Nomeda and Gediminas Urbonas and Qiu Zhijie, I will discuss the reduction of the human to a mere consumer and producer, the 'degradation of being into having' and consider how the expansion of collective and collaborative art practice relates to collectivity as subject as well as mode.Tracey Warr is one of the "Ré Soupault".

Montag, 31.03.2008, 20:00 Uhr, ACC Galerie Weimar
Eintritt: frei!