m54: The art of memory and the memory of art

Monday Night Lectures:

Eine Zusammenarbeit des MFA-Programms (Master of Fine Arts) der Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Fakultät Gestaltung, Prof. Liz Bachhuber, mit dem ACC.

Vortrag in englischer Sprache.

(Kontakt: Andrea Theis, Künstlerische Mitarbeiterin MFA Public Art and New Artistic Strategies, Fakultät Gestaltung)

Horst Hoheisel, Kassel
Vortrags- und Gesprächsreihe zur Kunst im öffentlichen Raum und neue künstlerische Strategien (in engl. Sprache).

"I would like to explain why I am so involved in this subject: As a child born in the last year of the war I grew up with an acute awareness and in the heritage of this dark period of German history which, up to this day, seems to hold me prisoner. In a sense by dealing with this in my art work I am, at the same time, freeing myself from it. However, this is a very hard process and I have been working for more than forty years of my life with this memory - the last twenty of which in the language of art. Still I cannot stop this work and go back to "art pour l´art", something that I would rather do than to sit here and present to you statements about my experience in dealing with art, memory and monuments."

Montag, 22.10.2007, 20:00 Uhr, ACC Galerie Weimar
Eintritt: frei!

t200754 picture